General Construction Sands
For most concreting applications, including heavy duty floor finishes.
- Concrete Sand XF (Fine) is a fine aggregate for the production of concrete as supplied to Ready Mix Concrete and other volume users.
- Concrete Sand XM (Medium) is a medium grading for the production of concrete, available subject to quantity and notice.
- Concrete Sand XC (Coarse) is a coarser grading for the production of concrete, available subject to quantity and notice.
Plastering and Rendering Sands
For internal gypsum plaster, internal lime plaster and external rendering. Types A and B
- Plastering and Rendering Sand Type XB is a general sand for external renderings, internal cement and lime plastering.
- Plastering and Rendering Sand Type XA sand has a coarser grading than the type XB, and is available subject to quantity and notice.
For stonewalling, blockwalling, brickwalling, pointing and external rendering.
- Masonry Sand XG (General Purpose) is a plain, natural soft sand for mortar, pointing and brickwork.
- Masonry Sand XS (Special) is a natural mortar sand for plain and reinforced brickwork, blockwalling and masonry.
Blinding and Fill
- Blinding Sand is a fine (0.25-0.06mm) sand used to "blind" consolidated fill before laying the PVC damp proof membrane in order to prevent puncture of the membrane.
- Cohesive Fill, also known as consolidated fill, comprises the silts and clays removed from sands during our extensive sand washing process. It is suitable for dam building, raising land levels etc.