You will find articles on various topics throughout our website. Here they are listed all together, for your convenience.
Sands and Soils
- Developing Bespoke Sands
Need something special? Here is how we create sands to your own specification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions - there are some questions that we get asked again and again. Here they are.
- Permeability: The First Step
The first step in any arena design is to calculate the permeability of the ground upon which the arena will be built. We show you how with this simple test.
- Existing Arenas: Solving the Problems
If you are solving problems in an existing arena, rather than building a new one from scratch, we will ask you to work out the 'critical tension' of the existing surface material. Here's how.
- Geotextiles: The Arguments For and Against
One of the most frequently misunderstood aspects of arena design is the use of geotextiles, and their alternatives. We have provided this article especially to help you to decide which is best for you.
- Graded Filters: From Surface to Subgrade
A crash course in arena design, from top to bottom. We discuss choice of surface, how this affects the design of the graded filter, and how to work out the depth of the drainage layer for lateral drainage.
- Alternatives: Chipped Rubber Surfaces
Chipped Rubber also needs care -- here are our quick tips.
- Putting It All Together: Some Examples
Arena design is a complex subject, but the best way to learn is by example. Here we consider three designs for a 20m x 40m arena -- two raised, and one sunken.
- Maintenance: Keeping Your Arena in Good Condition
How to keep your foreshore effect for years to come.