Golf Bunker Sand for Inland Courses
Our Bunker Sand for Inland (also called Parkland) Courses is designed to the specification laid down by the Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI). We also produce a Bunker Sand for Links Courses.
The STRI is an international centre of excellence for the turfgrass and amenity industry sector. It is an independent organisation supported by the UK's main sports governing bodies. To find out more about the STRI, see our links and resources).
STRI specification Bunker Sands are designed to meet the following criteria:
- The sand must not be so hard that the ball bounces out of the hazard, nor too soft so that the ball plugs to an excessive depth.
- The sand must provide a stable footing.
- The sand must be stable on high angles of slope to reduce the maintainence requirements.
- The sand must be free draining and not be susceptible to wind movement.
- Sand chipped on to the green must not interfere with the fineness of the putting surface nor contain a high lime content. (Sands containing more than 0.5% lime are best reserved for bunkers on the fairways or away from fine turf areas such as greens or tees.)
- The colour of the sand must be aesthetically appealing.
Most of the above criteria are achieved by using a sand of an appropriate angularity and particle size distribution so that a golf ball impacts to give a "fried egg" lie, with half the ball's diameter buried beneath the surface.
Placing an order and payment: Once you have obtained an Instant Quote, press the 'Place This Order' button to proceed to the delivery and payment section (payment will be by cheque only, to ensure your security).
No going back? Don't worry -- you will be provided with full confirmation of your order details, and if there are any mistakes, it is easy enough to telephone us to change it. In any case, your order will only be despatched once a delivery time has been arranged, and once we have received your cheque.
Privacy: we will use the details you provide to process your order, and for no other purpose.
Colours: If you require exact colour matches, we recommend that you place an order for a 20kg sample of the product.
Product Samples can be delivered to your door by courier. Up to 4 samples can be delivered in a single 20kg plastic tubs, at a cost of £20.00 per tub, VAT inclusive (20kg is an approximate weight, and may vary by 10% depending on product). Request a Product Sample.
Our latest ex works Price List is now available online or for download.
Please contact us for bulk pricing, specifications, or for any further information.